Monday, July 03, 2006

Say What? Say Anything!

So, I was watching Say Anything, a _17_ year old movie that was one of those gen-x defining movies. Good flick with lots of great quotes including:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A career? I've thought about this quite a bit sir and I would have to say considering what's waiting out there for me, I don't want to sell anything, buy anything or process anything as a career. I dont want to sell anything bought or processed or buy anything sold or processed or repair anything sold, bought or processed as a career. I dont want to do that. My father's in the army. He wants me to join, but I can't work for that corporation, so what I've been doing lately is kick-boxing, which is a new sport...as far as career longevity, I dont really know. I cant figure it all out tonight, sir, so I'm just gonna hang with your daughter."
---LLOYD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DIANE: "Nobody thinks this will work."
LLOYD: "You've just described every great success story."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fast forward to this week- I'm taking the little man (Sean) to the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead's Man Chest movie. This is the biggest film of the year for him- he loves pirates (costumes, books, etc.), loves octopusses/squid/kraken, and the first Pirates of the Caribbean:The Curse of the Black Pearl is his favorite movie.

Avast! The Jolly Roger flies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home